1. The Company's name, address, and name of the representative
Name: Top Seiko Co., Ltd.
Address: 1197-4 Hosoe-cho, Nagahama-shi, Shiga, 526-0105 Japan
Name of representative: Yoichi Azai, President & CEO
2. Definition of the terms used in this Policy
The terms used in this Policy are defined as specified in the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (hereinafter referred to as the "Personal Information Protection Act") and related laws and regulations.
3. Compliance with applicable laws, regulations, guidelines, etc.
The Company appropriately handles personal information in compliance with the Personal Information Protection Act and other related laws and regulations, guidelines established by the Personal Information Protection Commission, and other guidelines.
4. Acquisition of personal information
When acquiring personal information, the Company shall publicly announce the purposes of use (including by making an announcement in this Policy) or shall notify you thereof. When acquiring personal information recorded in writing or in the form of an electromagnetic record directly from you, the Company shall clearly specify the purposes of use in advance and acquire the personal information by a lawful and proper means.
5. Purposes of use of personal information
The Company uses personal information properly to the extent necessary to achieve the purposes of use listed below:
- To register you or verify your identity;
- To provide and deliver services, products and the like;
- To charge you for services, products and the like;
- To respond to your inquiries, requests for consultation or support and the like;
- To provide you with information and notices on the Company and the services, products and the like provided by the Company;
- To measure your traffic and behavior;
- To analyze information on acquired histories of browsing and purchasing and thereby perform solicitation, advertisement, and other marketing activities related to the Company and the services, products and the like provided thereby according to your interest or taste;
- To investigate and analyze marketing data and examine and implement marketing measures; and
- To improve the services, products and the like provided by the Company and perform the planning, research and development of new services, products and the like.
6. Outsourcing of the handling of personal data
The Company may outsource the handling of your personal data in order to smoothly perform its business and provide you with better service; provided, however, that such personal data shall be the minimum information necessary to perform the outsourced operations.
7. Provision to third parties
The Company shall not provide your personal data to any third party (excluding outsourcing providers) without your prior consent, except for the following cases:
- Where the Company provides the personal data pursuant to laws and regulations;
- Where it is necessary for the Company to provide the personal data to protect a person's life, limb or property, and it is difficult to obtain your consent;
- Where there is a special need for the Company to provide the personal data to improve public health or promote healthy child development, and it is difficult to obtain your consent; and
- Where it is necessary for the Company to provide the personal data in order to cooperate with the government, local governments and the like in the performance of affairs stipulated by laws and regulations, and obtaining your consent is likely to interfere with the performance of such affairs.
8. Security control measures
1)Security control measures
The Company takes necessary and appropriate security control measures to prevent any divulgence, loss or damage caused to personal data and perform the management of personal data. The major security control measures for personal data are as follows:
Planning of the Personal Information Protection Guidelines and development of regulations for the handling of personal data
- ・In order to ensure the proper handling of personal data, the Company establishes this Policy with regard to compliance with the following and other matters: applicable laws, regulations, guidelines, and the like; and contact for inquiries and complaints.
Organizational security control measures
- ・The Company has appointed a personal data handling manager. The Company also specifies which employees are to handle personal data and the scope of personal data to be handled, and has established a system of reporting to the personal data handling manager about any fact or sign of a breach of the Personal Information Protection Act or this Policy.
- ・The Company regularly performs self-inspections of the status of its handling of personal data.Personnel security control measures
- ・Matters related to the confidentiality of personal data are provided for in the rules of employment.Physical security control measures
- ・The Company takes measures to prevent the theft, loss or the like of equipment , electronic media, documents and the like that are used to handle personal data and, when carrying those equipment, electronic media and the like within or outside the office, takes measures to prevent the personal data from being easily identified.
Technical security control measures
- ・The Company implements access control, thereby limiting the scope of the persons in charge and of the personal information database and the like to be handled.
- ・The Company has introduced a system that protects the information systems used to handle personal data from unauthorized access by external parties and from unauthorized software.
2)Supervision of employees
When having our employees handle personal data, the Company fully informs them of the proper handling thereof, provides them with appropriate training, and gives them supervision as is necessary and appropriate.
3)Supervision of outsourcing providers
If outsourcing the handling of personal data, the Company shall select a business operator that takes appropriate security control measures and shall give that outsourcing provider supervision as is necessary and appropriate.
The Company's website uses Google Analytics as provided by Google in order to grasp the status of your visits on the Company's website.
Through the use of Google Analytics, Google collects, records, and analyzes the history of your visits to the Company's website based on cookies, and the Company receives the results of such analysis to grasp the status of your visits to the Company's website.
You may deactivate Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on and thereby stop the Company from collecting your information through the use of Google Analytics.
- ・Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on
10. Request for disclosure, etc.
Upon the receipt of a request for the notification of the purpose of use of retained personal data, for the disclosure of retained personal data or the records of its provision to third parties, for the correction, addition, or deletion of retained personal data, for the discontinuation of use or erasure of retained personal data, or the discontinuation of the provision of retained personal data to third parties (the above are hereinafter collectively referred to as a "Request for Disclosure, etc."), the Company shall promptly meet such request after confirming that the person making the request is the relevant person concerning the personal data.
If you have any questions about this Policy or wish to make a Request for Disclosure, etc., please make an inquiry using the contact details specified in 11 below.
11. Contact information
Address: 1197-4 Hosoe-cho, Nagahama-shi, Shiga, 526-0105 Japan
Name: Top Seiko Co., Ltd. Sales Department
E-mail address: email@example.com
Business hours: From 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (excluding weekends, public holidays, and the Company's holidays)
12. Amendment of this Policy
The Company may review the content of this Policy as needed and amend it if necessary.
Upon the amendment of this Policy, the Company shall post the amendments on its website (https://www.top-seiko.com/). Please make sure to confirm the latest details of this Policy as posted on the Company's website.